You may see an unfamiliar test result entry within your NHS/Patient Access App called John Hopkins adjusted clinical groups system score. This is to help our team identify and prioritise more vulnerable patients and is nothing to be concerned about.
Deputy Practice Manager
Job Title: Deputy Practice Manager
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 p.a. depending on experience. Negotiable for the right candidate.
Job Purpose: To assist in the management and coordination all aspects of the operational functionality within the practice with a view to improving patient capacity and access. Motivate and manage staff to optimise efficiency in a safe and effective working environment.
Reports To: Practice Manager and The Partners
Responsibilities: Support the practice team in developing new and efficient ways of working.
Key Tasks & Duties:
- To support the practice manager in the day to day running of the practice and deputising as necessary and ensuring staff achieve their primary responsibilities.
- Managing the premises and Fire, Health and Safety compliance ensuring the practice has robust policies, procedures, audits, and risk assessments in place.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor staff activities to ensure efficient services to patients and support to the clinicians.
- Working with the reception manager, oversee the effectiveness of reception staff rotas.
- Convene daily meetings with the reception and administration teams including health and wellbeing, take a circulate minutes accordingly.
- Working with the practice manager, initiate and implement new operational and IT procedures to aid and improve practice organisation and provision of services for appropriate members of the practice team.
- Coordinating the reviewing and updating of all practice operational and IT related policies and procedures.
- Leading change and continuous operational and IT improvement initiatives.
- Participate in ensuring the team reach QOF targets.
- Assist the practice manager in managing on the day patient operational complaints.
- Developing, implementing, and embedding an effective communication strategy (internal and external).
- Marketing the practice with the appropriate use of social media platforms (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook etc.
- Analyse and interpret practice statistics, including the daily and weekly telephone reports, to support understanding of challenges, identify possible solutions and track the impact of any changes that have been made.
- Monitor the daily telephone call board and patient surveys.
- Participate in the Capacity and Access improvement programme.
- Undertake staff and patient surveys, analyse the results.
- Working with the practice manager, participate in coaching and development of staff including appraisals.
- Oversee Docman Workflow Optimisation.
Farnham Park Health Group aims to provide personalised, pro-active, responsive, high quality clinical and patient care. Our ethos is to treat everyone with compassion and respect, in a warm and welcoming environment. We value continuity and have a skilled, friendly, and professional team. We strive for excellence, promote innovation and value the importance of communication and learning.
|Postgraduate (or equivalent professional experience)
|Working within primary care, the NHS or customer service role
|Excellent IT skills
|Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Emis or equivalent, on-line patient services
|Appreciation and understanding of confidentiality
|Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
|High levels of integrity and loyalty
|Can communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in a range of situations and with attention to detail
|Friendly, helpful, sensitive, and empathetic manner both in person and on the phone
|Ability to use initiative and judgement
|Confident, assertive and resilient
|Ability to learn new skills
|Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
|Ability to work additional hours as required by the practice
|Willingness to undertake training and development